Introduced in Generation II, Baby Pokémon are certainly not battle powerhouses, but they are adorable! There's a total of 19 — do you have favorites among them? The large majority were introduced in Generations II and IV, but we've also seen an addition as recently as Gen VIII. Bulbapedia's page about them is a good place to brush up on your Baby Pokémon knowledge if you need to.
I'm also curious about what people think about the concept in general. Some of these Pokémon have specific requirements to actually get when breeding (Incense) in most games and the pay-off is relatively low — some have Egg Moves exclusive to the Baby Pokémon that you may want to utilize.
Personally, I'm a big fan of Togepi, Cleffa, Magby and Mime Jr.! I will say that in the main series I'm not a huge fan of the concept, just because of the breeding requirements and low stats when you're training them. But I appreciate many of the designs and feel like they help flesh out the Pokémon world.
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy.
Introduced in Generation II, Baby Pokémon are certainly not battle powerhouses, but they are adorable! There's a total of 19 — do you have favorites among them? The large majority were introduced in Generations II and IV, but we've also seen an addition as recently as Gen VIII. Bulbapedia's page about them is a good place to brush up on your Baby Pokémon knowledge if you need to.
I'm also curious about what people think about the concept in general. Some of these Pokémon have specific requirements to actually get when breeding (Incense) in most games and the pay-off is relatively low — some have Egg Moves exclusive to the Baby Pokémon that you may want to utilize.
Personally, I'm a big fan of Togepi, Cleffa, Magby and Mime Jr.! I will say that in the main series I'm not a huge fan of the concept, just because of the breeding requirements and low stats when you're training them. But I appreciate many of the designs and feel like they help flesh out the Pokémon world.